9/6/13

On turning 30

Yep, you totally read that right. I've hit the big 3-0 and started a new decade of my life.
Yes, that is a birthday cake with bacon letters


On my birthday, I found myself waking up in a lovely little condo that we rented from AirBnB (if you haven't used their service before, I highly recommend it. We got to stay in said amazing condo for less than a Days Inn) in Austin, Tx. My wonderful man had planned a trip to the San Antonio Seaworld to do a penguin experience with two of our good friends. After Seaworld we drove to River Walk and saw the Alamo. Overall a pretty amazing experience and one that I'm hoping sets the tone for the next 10 years.

Yes, I look a little scary and I'm wearing a fanny pack.
 Sleep deprivation will do that to you. Also, the penguins name is Jordan.


On the hour drive to San Antonio I found myself looking back at the last 10 years of my life and honestly, I'm amazed that I made it to 30 with some semblance of sanity.

During my 20s I had two kids, got married, got divorced, moved 10 times (no joke), changed jobs 3 times, got my AA degree and started working towards my bachelors, had surgery for staph and had my gallbladder removed (within 3 months of each other), my step-dad died from cancer, reconnected with my first love and bought a house... I could keep going. To say its been an eventful 10 years would be a serious understatement.

One of my favorite pictures. Edward was 4 and I was pregnant with Zach. Circa 2008.


While I hope my 30s are a bit more calm than my 20s were, I've already started making plans to do some awesome things. I want to start my own business and be able to work from home. I want to travel as much as possible (with and without the kids). I want to become an A level skater with derby. I want to lose 30 lbs.

I know lots of people talk about goals, very few achieve them. Thankfully I have an amazing support system that I know will help me through all the rough patches and help me celebrate my achievements (just like they've always done).

So, thank you 20s, its been real, but the 30s and I are ready to party!


No comments: