12/8/11

Before I go to sleep- Dec 07, 2011


Me and my awesome hat!
Yesterday started off fairly uneventful (other than edward waking me up at 3:30am and 4:30am just because he couldnt sleep and felt like he needed to share the wealth). Both boys were dropped off (with Zach singing his ABC's even though he only knows about 10 letters). Work, as always, was uneventful.

I did, however, get the chance to wear the new hat that I made! I've been wanting a slouchy-beany type hat forever and cant bring myself to buy anything that I am able to make lol. I found this pattern on crochet.com (just FYI, typing in slouchy-beany thing did not come up with any results) and its called.... wait for it... the "Phannie". So I guess you could say I have my head in my Phannie! LOL!

Sorry.

Anyways, I made my little hat over the course of a couple of days, mainly because I ran out of yarn and had to go buy more and after I put it on, I couldnt really decide if it looked cute or silly.

Once I paired its mustard loveliness with a plum top and tossed a gold and purple butterfly broach on the front ( I swear I've had that pin since I was 10. Avon, baby), I totally fell in love.

Apparently I wasnt the only one. I now have to make 2 more for people I work with, 3 for the people Mike works with, 1 for mikes mom, and 3 more for friends of mine (I made the mistake of putting this pic up on FB!). I guess I'll be having a hat-making christmas!

I ended up leaving work early so that I could go see my dad. He is leaving this weekend on very short notice to move to New Mexico for a job (he is a Dietary Nutritionist) and yesterday was his only day to get to Orlando (he lives about 45 minutes away in Howie in the Hills). So we met my brother and Dad at my might-as-well-be-my-stepmom's Sisters house (ok, try to follow, its my dads girlfriend, but they've been together forever so she might as well be my stepmom. Make sense?) and had pizza and pasta for dinner. It was seriously fab. It was also nice to hang out and just BS around with them for a bit.


Heres one of my dad and Zach

And my dad trying to lift Edward lol
The bag that Edward refused to put down is full of my Stepmom's 18yr old neices old toys. She, of course, was smitten by the boys and gave them full access to her old stuffed animals. I limited them to three each.

I also tagged some music using Shazam yesterday so I thought I'd share that too :D

Sigh, I love me some Richard Marx!

I hope you all have a wonderful day and thanks for reading!

No comments: