On Saturday, April the 14th I am doing a Skate-A-Thon to get some funding for our league. Its a 10 mile skate (ack!) on the West orange trail (Heres the route we'll be taking) and we're looking for sponsors to donate per mile (like a marathon. If you're interested in donating, please comment with your name and email address and I'll send you my paypal information. Anything will help!).
Because I really dont skate outside very often and thought it might be a good idea before I try to do 10 miles, I decided to hit up a local trail this afternoon for my lunchbreak. The trail is about 1.6 miles one way, so roughly 3 miles there and back.
While doing my little skate, I came to some realizations, so I thought I'd share them :D
- It is totally possible to put a car key, a drivers license, an ipod touch and a cell phone in my bra without looking like a mutant.
- If you are of the pale-skinned persuasion like me, its probably a good idea to put on sunblock
- People seem intimidated by a chick on skates
- Skating on concrete is very, very different than skating in a rink (duh right?). There are things like small hills and wind. Fun, but exhausting.
- That even though Im not in practice, I need to work on my derby stance. Standing straight=Falling over for me.
|This was the beautiful view on the trail|