4/5/11

Back to the basics and Grandma goodness!

I have decided to take this blog back to the basics a bit. I realized that I am trying too hard to make this blog "perfect" and just like all of the other really successful blogs out there instead of what i originally intended for it to be: a journal for myself.
So, on that note, I am going to be bringing things back to the basics. While my day to day routines may not be incredibly interesting, I think it'll be fun just to write and talk and post pictures up of my family and home without having to have a really set structure to them.

Last weekend and week has been a "grandma-ful" time. Saturday (March 26th) we celebrated Mikes grandmas 78th birthday with dinner at an awesome mexican restaurant called Azteca D'Oro. The food is awesome, HUGE portions, and we all left fat and happy. (I'll be posting pics as soon as I get copies. I didnt have a camera and my phone doesnt take good pics inside).

Then, on sunday, we went to a birthday party for My grandma at her church. It was wonderful to have all of the family and friends around to celebrate her 80th birthday!

We had cousins driving up from south Florida, and aunts and uncles fly down from Tennessee. There was a lot of talking, laughing, sharing stories, sneaking treats to the munchkins, and just generally having a great time.

So, on that vein, I thought I'd share some of my favorite photos of my wonderful grandma. Shes the one who taught me to sew and craft and is pretty much the glue that keeps our family together. I dont know what i'd do without her!


Grandma with her parents. She says she was about 16.
The pic above is probably my favorite picture of my grandma. I love how cute and sassy she looks. Shes still got that spark and energy to this day!





Thats Grandma in the center, pic from 1960. The gentleman in the pic is my Grandpa, wasnt he a good looking fella?


Me and grandma at my baptism. I was 14. Man, I really shouldn't have posted this pic lol!


Grandma and my mom cutting up like always...wonder where i get it from? lol!
 
This was taken about 10+ years ago, before my grandpa passed away


Take #1
This was my first attempt at trying to take a picture of her on her birthday. As you can see, she was being mauled my children. My two, and my best friends son Logan. This woman is a child magnet, I swear!



Take # 2- The Birthday Girl!
 After I finally was able to get her to stand still for a second, I was able to snap this pic of her and my oldest.

A few years ago, my oldest brother asked her how many children she's raised in her life. She sat for a second and thought about it, then said in a very non-chalant way "oh, i dont know, about 15 I guess". Needless to say, this made my jaw drop a little. She has been raising children most of her life, starting when she little with her older sisters children. Then she had her own children, my mom and Aunts kids, and now she helps with mine.

Along with raising kids, she worked full time, sews, crafts and her house is always immaculate. I really think that she's superhuman...

All joking aside, I love my grandma with all my heart, and want to wish her the happiest birthday ever, and another wonderful year as the family Matriarch :D

No comments: