6/30/10

DIY: Decorating my bathroom- The idea phase

Now that we've been in our new house for a few months, I’m trying to start working on decorating. I’ve done a little in a couple of rooms, and my oldest sons room is pretty much done, and now I’m turning towards the master bathroom. I LOVE this bathroom. It was the clincher for me when we chose our house. I spend a lot of time there, it’s my place to close the door and relax with minimal interruption. I decided on a purple and green color scheme (my 2 favorite color), and now I’m working on getting pieces that fit into the design (I do mainly thrift stores and Salvation Army. I like to reuse :D).



I found this little mirror at IKEA for $5. My grandma has one just like it, and I’ve always loved it. It’s super useful when styling or setting my hair because I can see behind me!



I think its called a Frack or something....

These are the colors i picked. the walls will primarily be the purple, but im using the green as an accent wall.



I found this paper at a local art store. it was $1.95 a sheet (2' x 3'). I love the idea of cutting the peices down and framing them. The green flower patterned one (2nd from right) feels like velvet (its fuzzy!! yay!)
Ill update again once i've actually started painting and so forth.
What fun decorating ideas have you used? any suggestions?!
GG

No comments: