1/25/11

Random Ramblings

I know, Ive been way too absent for far too long, and i apologize!

Frankly, I've been feeling a little random lately, and haven't really been able to string two words together, much less come up with a cohesive, well written blog post.

so, in the spirit of all of the randomness going on in my brain, i decided to make a pretty random post!

Here are some of the goings on in my brain and life lately:

  • I've been devoting a lot of my time and energy to decluttering our house, and following the FLYlady's instructions for a clean home. I've had a shiny sink now for over a week! and we have a garage i can actually park in!
Those two little blurs? yeah, those are the kids.

I actually believe Mike thinks I've completely lost my mind. I've been tossing all kinds of things!
  • I've also been reading "4 hour workweek" (visit Timothy Ferriss' blog here), and got all kinds of interesting ideas.
  • I've been doing a lot of school work with this round of classes (I take 2 classes at a time, for 9 weeks), so that's been taking up a lot of time, but I'm still getting A's!
  • My Brother is here visiting from China! We haven't seen him in about 2 years, so its really nice to have him home for a bit.
  • I've also been trying to get ideas on what I can make for my little shop that I'm planning on opening via Etsy. The problem is, you have to have a product before you can open a shop, and I just cant decide what to make. I don't want to do everything and end up with a weird jumbled mess. I'm looking for some kind of consistency.
  • Along the same lines, I also need to get back into the swing of the "One a day challenge". Lately my nights have been filled with homework and decluttering, so I haven't been creating as much as I should. And now I am totally embarrassed because Mike is doing the same on his blog and is totally kicking my butt with it!
  • Something that has been bugging me for some reason: the negative image that crafters and handmade gifts have gotten in the media. Now, this isn't something that I've seen recently (on TV anyways), but I've noticed that people tend to look at me like I've said i could sprout wings and fly away when i tell them that i craft and sew. IDK, it just irks me.
  • Is this what the word "crafter" makes you think of?! Image via
  • and last but not least, my lovely Geisha tattoo is FINALLY FINISHED! Mikes dad is a tattoo artist here in Orlando, so he does all my work, but I try to leave him time for his non-related customers lol!

Here's my beautiful lady. Shes on my upper thigh on my left leg. Doesn't she look just like the little ceramic Geisha I found a week or two ago?!

I hope you all have a WONDERFUL week! Keep up your "365 pics" and your "One a days"!

~~Love~~
~~GG~~

P.S.- anything you want me to review? do a tutorial on? ramble about at length?! email me or comment on my most recent post! I'll have my elves pass along the message...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Always good to have a declutter! We used house clearance liverpool.