12/18/10

I'll be blogging for Christmas... if only in my dreams...

I know, I've been surprisingly absent the last week or so, and for that, I am very sorry. 

I should be able to catch up on my posting this week, because until friday, 
I really dont have much planned lol

During my absence, I've at least been busy. 

and to be honest, I wouldn't have traded the fun that I've had for anything in the world!

My Uncle (my dads youngest brother) just got back from his last tour in Afghanistan in November, so we decided it was time for us to have a get-together. 

I haven't seen some of my family in over 10 years, and some of my cousins had never met each other!

We all met up in Savannah, GA (which i'd never been, so it was also cool to go some place new)

We drove up with my dad and all the kiddos in tow, 
and stopped at St Augustine on the way there to visit the fort.
Dad and Edward, checking out the view


One of the old mortars. I really loved the face where the fuse goes.


It would have been awesome if it hadn't been insanely cold and rainy. I really thought it was going to snow. 

why are we called the sunshine state again?!


There were a lot of laughs, a lot of drinks, a little bit of kleptomania (long story), and a lot of memories shared and made. 

All the family, together for dinner

 In market square. Edward and Marilyn



 One of the coolest things was in the Savannah historical museum, they had a collection of quilts, 
patterns and a fantastic old loom!!






 Edward learning how to weave. Doesnt he look thrilled?

 They also had a large collection of hats. So of course we had to play a little dress-up :D
Edward chose the GI Joe look

Zach looked very debonair

Me, rocking it old school

My dad trying to look like Indiana Jones. His leather jacket is older then I am!

My dad, Aunt, and Zach. Weirdness runs in the family

On saturday night, we all went to a lovely dinner at Marshall House, which is a hotel in the historic district of Savannah.


My Uncle Greg, My dad, Aunt Eileen, and Uncle Don


Our little family

The whole gang

And this was the christmas gift to beat this year. My aunt had gone to our Great-Grandparents house a few years ago and found this dress. My Grandmother had brought it back with her from her trip to mexico. 

See that little pic in the corner? Thats me. Wearing this dress. When I was about 6 months old. 

I burst out crying when I saw it, and you'd better believe this is going in a place of honor!


We also took a little tour of a cemetery right by my uncles hotel. 

In the words of my aunt "leave it to us to get together and go walk around a cemetery"

All the siblings, posing with a dead guy. 

We joked that the gates around the graves were to keep their inhabitants from getting out.
A beautiful catholic church we passed by

My cousin Shannon and I posing by a fountain. 


I dont know why, but I thought this was hilarious.


 Beautiful grasses outside of an old plantation house just outside of Savannah

 All in all, it ended up being a fantastic trip, and I really hated to leave. But now we have all the more incentive to get together again next year!!

Even though Im really missing the Fam right now, Im working on finishing up some last minute crafty things for christmas, and looking forward to the holidays. 

xx's and oo's

GG

No comments: