12/2/10

My busy weekend.... Christmas-y goodness!

This was a pretty busy weekend for us, and Im sorry I havent posted in a while, 
but I've been trying hard not to die.

Well, not really, but I have been really sick with a nasty stomach bug.

Its been really unpleasant, and my wonderful Honey keeps saying I look like "death warmed over". 

But today, since I'm finally feeling a little better, I decided to show you the things I managed to do this weekend, before the horrible bug struck. 

We (with the help of Mikes parents) hung some christmas lights. 

We only did the one little strand because, since we have a 2 story house, it would be way too much of a pain to put lights around the roof. 


Our small Christmas display this year

Much to Mikes dismay, I found the little, purple candy canes at Target for $3!



Another project I'd wanted to take care of before Christmas was to put a new head
on my angel tree topper.

I had bought this topper several years ago when I worked at Mikasa, and I loved it so much I ended up keeping it up around the house all year long!

When my ex-hubby and I separated, it had been left in his custody, and when I finally got it back, she was missing part of her head. 

Her poor, mangled little head




So the other day at Hobby Lobby, I finally found a replacement head!

She doesnt look the same, but good enough to still look great!

Mike was referring to her as my "latina" angel

my "latina" angel


Her full angel-y goodness

I also saw a lovely little pom-pom wreath at  Works in progress,
so I decided to try and make one, only christmas-y!


Heres my completed project. 

After this I got sidelined by my horrible stomach, so I'll have to get in gear again 
this weekend to make up for the missed time. 

Do you have any fun christmas projects that you're working on or have recently completed?

<3
GG

No comments: